NSFAS 2020 Applications is now Open
Applications for the NSFAS funding of the 2020 academic year are now open. You will need the following to complete your funding application.
Ensure that you have your own
Valid email address and cellphone number (Note that this new number must be UNIQUE and accessible by you at all times).
Valid South African ID
You will need the following supporting documents:
• Certified copy of your ID, not older than 3 months
• A signed and completed consent form
If you are dependent on your parents/guardian/spouse, please provide:
• Certified ID copies of parent/s, guardian, spouse not older than 3 months
• Proof of income of parent, guardian or spouse (payslip or appointment letter)
If you are self-sufficient and employed please provide:
• Proof of income (payslip or appointment letter)
• 3yrs IRP5
If you have a disability, please provide:
• Completed and signed Disability Annexure A (if your information is not pre-populated on the portal)
If you are an orphan please provide:
• Orphan Declaration and Consent Form (excluding consent form)
Other documents required, if applicable:
• Retrenchment letter
• Death certificate/s
• Divorce decree
- Note: If you are a SASSA recipient then no proof of income is required
Where to apply:
CLICK HERE for a list of applications centres where you will be able to apply for NSFAS online.
When to apply:
Applications are open and close on November 30.Click here to create your myNSFAS account to apply
Why you must apply
Once approved for NSFAS funding, the bursary will pay for; Registration fee, tuition fees, food, study material, personal care allowance and travelling and accommodation where necessary.